Holiday packing has to be one of the hardest things to do as far as your wardrobe is concerned. We all know that feeling of packing far too much and then not even wearing half of what we have packed whilst away and even worse, still not being able to style outfits
This generally results in the same few pieces being worn over and over again.
Ideally you only need to take a few key pieces away to have the perfect holiday wardrobe, the trick is to the planning before hand.
So we are going to have a look at the crucial items you need in your holiday wardrobe to ensure you have a super stylish, capsule wardrobe that will work for you for the beach, day trips and evenings out.
5 Top Tips for capsule wardrobe holiday essentials
1. Trousers. All you really need on holiday for the perfect look day or evening whilst on holiday are harem trousers. They are super comfy and lend themselves so well to relaxed holiday dressing.
They can be teamed with a loose white shirt for around the pool, worn
with a vest top for trips out and then styled with a classic tunic for evening wear. Go for a pair in navy blue, black or cream colours and they will work with anything in your wardrobe.
2. Dresses. A long length cotton dress is ideal for holiday wear. A loose fit is always well suited for hot sunny days as it will keep you cool and covered.
The same dress can also be dressed up for evening wear with a coordinated shawl or jewellery. You don’t need to take four or five dresses just one that can be worn in different ways is all you will ever need.
3. Over Large Scarf. This is an essential item for holiday packing as it can be worn in so many ways. A large scarf is perfect to wear around the pool instead of packing a sarong.
In the evening though it is ideal to have in place of a shawl as sometimes you need a little bit of coverage for when the temperatures drop.
4. Shorts and basic t-shirts. Just a pair of shorts and some basic t-shirts are the only other things that you really need to take with you. They can be worn with the harem trousers and also with the over sized scarf for pool wear.
5. Shoes. All you really need are a pair of flip flops for at the pool, a pair of white pumps for day trips and a pair of sandals for evening wear.
As shoes are heavy items to carry try to keep to just three pairs as there really isn’t any need to go with any more.
5 Top Tips for capsule wardrobe holiday essentials – Final words
If you keep your holiday wardrobe to some key basic colours then you should be able to make everything mix and match quite easily. Colour can be injected into your outfits with scarves or jewellery.
By packing just some key essentials you will soon discover how
easy it is to create a lot of outfits out of just a few pieces and will make traveling in the future so much easier.
click here to discover