There are two ways of thinking when it comes to dressing in a minimalist way, one is having a capsule, minimalist wardrobe that is pared back and contains only the essential items for day to day dressing and the other idea is the actual style of dressing and that is
minimalist pared back styling and it is the second idea that we are going to look at here today.
There is something effortlessly stylish about minimalist dressing and it is an easy look to re-create, all you need to do is to follow a few simple tricks to create this style of dressing for your own wardrobe.
5 Fabulous ways to dress minimalist
1. Pack away the Prints. The main trick of minimalist dressing is keeping it plain and simple and this means packing away the prints. Minimalist dressing really is back to basic dressing and nothing screams high fashion quite like the in season prints.
Therefore to create your perfect minimalist look you have to stick to a minimalist palette. Take away all the prints from your wardrobe and work with neutral tones that will all work together, think black and white and you have a good idea about a minimalist palette.
2. Keep it Plain and Simple. Minimalist dressing is all about keeping it plain and simple. This means dressing in simple plain styles, clean lines and no fuss. The detailing of this style of dressing is all in the cut. Nothing fussy or over bearing in minimalist dressing. Go for plain, simple pieces that stand out and speak for themselves.
3. Keep the Accessories simple. When dressing in a minimalist style you want to keep your accessories to a minimum as well. Don’t overload a simple classic outfit with too many accessories.
Often a simple scarf, necklace bag or really great pair of shoes is all you will need to create a perfect outfit. Less is definitely more when it comes to accessorizing your minimalist outfit.
4. Know your own style. It is really important when dressing minimalist to really know your own sense of style and stick to it. Your sense of style should be determined by your lifestyle. If you lead a more casual life style then this should be reflected in your choice of
If you have to dress in a more tailored way then these will be the clothes that you will have to opt for. Once you have developed your sense of style then you are half way there to developing your minimalist look.
5. Surround your self with great basic pieces. The key to creating perfectly styled minimalist outfits is to start with good basic pieces. A good pair of jeans, some classic t-shirts, a great jacket, stylish minimalist pieces that will mean you always have the base for really stylish minimalist outfits.
5 Fabulous ways to dress minimalist – Final Words
The art of minimalist dressing is very easy to create once you start following the basic rules. Just remember each outfit should be stripped back to its most simple form with a simple, neutral colour palette, plain classic well cut pieces and simple accessories that will
flatter the outfit and not detract from it.
Once you have these basic rules in place everything else should become simple and you can start creating simple, stunning, minimalist outfits that will be stylish and classic.
Click here to discover