When it comes to creating outfits some of the hardest ones to master are for those transitional days in between two seasons when it is neither one season or the other. The transition between the Winter and Spring months can be especially difficult because temperatures can fluctuate quite erratically and you can find yourself wearing completely inappropriate clothing.
trans seasonal fashion trends
That is why layering is such an essential part of transitional dressing as it allows you to build up your outfit so you don’t need to be caught short by the weather. There are a couple of tips to follow for transitional dressing to make sure that you get it right at all times.
Trans Seasonal Fashion Trends – 3 Hot Layering Tips
1. Build up your layers with lighter fabrics. One thing that you want to make sure you do when building up your transitional layers is to make sure that you choose lighter fabrics. Wear cottons and light woolens or silks that will capture the heat and retain it but at the same time will not make you feel too bulky. Building up layers this way is ideal as you will have warmth from these fabrics and you can add or takeaway layers depending on the weather. Natural fabrics are ideal for retaining heat and work the best for as build up of layers.
2. Think about your colour palette. One thing that often denotes the season of an outfit is the colour, for example dark reds and oranges are often worn in the Winter months where as cool pastel shades are often worn in the Spring and Summer months. To make sure that your outfit works well from one season to another add a mix of colours into your layers. Take a base colour such as a cream, grey or blue and add touches of colour from a Spring palette. This can be added with either clothes or scarves and accessories but by adding a pop of seasonal colour to your layering it is easy to update an out fit from one season to the next. This is a simple inexpensive way to update your look.
3. Add accessories. As mentioned above accessories are a great way of creating transitional dressing. By adding a Spring scarf to you outfit you can quickly update your look. A scarf or bag in the new seasons colours is another great way of bringing the new season into your existing outfit.
Accessories are a simple and cheap way to instantly update your wardrobe and should be used all the time. Whether you use scarves or jewellery, footwear or bags there are plenty of options to choose from to create new exciting looks.
Trans Seasonal Fashion Trends – Final Words
So as the new season approaches and you start to move from one season to the next adopt some of the transitional ways of layering to your usual routine to see how quickly and easily you can update and refresh your wardrobe to give your current outfits a sudden taste of the new season.
Over the last few years there has been a new style of dressing that a lot of people have been adopting, that of layering their clothing. This has led to the popular term of lagenlook or layered clothing becoming more mainstream. Lagenlook is taken from the German word meaning layering and is a way of describing heavily layered outfits.
Layering Clothes Fashion Ideas
Whilst this would seem to be an easy look to emulate there are some fashion tips to follow otherwise your out fit can look a bit of a miss match and you can end up looking very bulky. Follow the easy tips below to achieve a flawless Lagenlook creation each time.
Layering Clothes Fashion Ideas – Red Hot Tips
1. Build up your layers flawlessly. The best way to creating a beautiful Lagenlook outfit is to carefully build up each layer. Instead of dressing in one or two bulky layers select each layer carefully to build a smooth outfit that makes you look streamlined. For example start with a long sleeved skinny t-shirt that is close fitting to the body. Over that you could add a long length tunic that doesn’t have too much volume.
As a base wear a pair of skinny pants or leggings to create a streamlined bottom. Now try adding a cropped jacket or chunky cardigan if it is cool. On top of this layer you could add a chunky scarf or jewellery. If you need a final layer then finish off with a duster coat which will give you warmth without creating too bulky an appearance. For foot wear you could have a pair of knee length or ankle boots, either will finish the outfit perfectly.
2. Think about colour and materials. One of the best ways to create a Lagenlook outfit is by the use of colour and texture. You don’t need to add too many layers just add interest with your choice of colour and materials. For example by sticking to a muted colour palette you can easily create drama and interest and it will keep your outfit from looking too busy and cluttered.
You can use a dark base colour in a deep brown for example and then add shades of cream, mocha or white to build up the definition in your outfit. By adding a pop of colour in say orange or burnt umber with the use of a scarf or jewellery it will create a fashionable eye-catching outfit. You can also mix your textures to create interest and build up the layers, for example mixing tweeds and silks wools and cottons with each layer being in a different material.
Layering Clothes Fashion Ideas – Final Thoughts
By just following these two basic fashion tips you can conjour up interesting, exciting Lagenlook outfits each time without looking as if you have tried too hard. Keeping the layers simple will prevent you from looking too bulky and the use of colours and textures will keep your looks fresh and unique and will mean that each outfit will be fun and interesting to create.